HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Location: Dothan, Alabama
Travel: Occasional Regional Travel
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours of operation: M-F 7:30am – 5:30pm. After hours on call support on occasion.
Posting Date: May 9, 2018
- Deliver prompt, courteous and efficient customer service in person, over the phone, via email or chat.
- Respond to in person, phone, and email requests from clients courteously.
- Accurately document support requests as they arrive within the ticketing system. Properly categorize the requests.
- Coordinate with third parties on repairs as needed.
- Warranty hardware repairs with vendors.
- ISP’s for communications issues.
- Update customer documentation.
- Escalate issues promptly.
- Other duties as you acquire necessary experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, in person and over the phone.
- Some familiarity or training with some or all of the following:
- Current and recent Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Local and network printing.
- Local area networks.
- Some experience with MAC OS, smart phones, and tablet pc’s
- Ability to learn new applications, systems and requirements.
- Ability to deal with frustrated clients on occasion.
- MS Office suite experience, including Outlook and Visio.
- Excellent Customer Service, communications skills via phone, email and in person.
- Be on time and ready to work.
- Maintain and update documentation of issues, applications and systems as these occur.
- Maintain regular, timely contact with customers, ISP’s and vendors in support of customers and their systems.
- Become an immediate contributor to the team and our customers.
- Respect customer and colleague time:
- Make call backs to customers on schedule.
- Track activities accurately within our systems.
- Provide and ask for assistance as needed.
- Respond promptly to alerts and follow procedures in support of customers.
- Follow up on issues with third party vendors.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Performed technical support in a business environment for at least 6 months.
- MS Office and operating systems usage and general troubleshooting and support.
- Familiarity with networked equipment such as printers, switches, WAP’s, firewalls, routers and the like.
- Call center experience a plus.
- Medical office support, EHR/EMR application experience a big plus.
This is a fast paced position where the ideal candidate will quickly learn and apply newly acquired skills.
Realtime is the premier Managed Services Provider in the Southeastern US. We provide Information Technology Management, Service Desk Support, Strategic Direction, Audit and Compliance support under contract and on a consultative basis for SMB’s anywhere in the country, with a focus in Southern Alabama and the Panhandle of Florida. We currently have customers operating in twelve states.
Candidate must pass background, credit checks and drug tests. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance upon request.
Email Word/pdf format cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include verifiable professional and personal references.